To comply with regulatory mandates the global wholesale banking unit of a Fortune 25 financial institution accepted accountability for their business process produced data. This required a new working relationship between the Business and Technology stakeholders and subsequent design and execution of a complete complement of data management capability, processes, and procedures.
- Establish an operating model to clarify Business and Technology accountabilities for data.
- Leverage the core capability framework of DCAM™ to develop processes and procedures for execution.
- Optimize stakeholder resource alignment to strategic enterprise priorities.
- This project was executed by the FutureDATA Principal Consultant while employed as an internal executive of the organization.
- Establish the data management program vision.
- Engage executive and operational level stakeholders to secure an operating model agreement.
- Facilitate operational level stakeholder engagement in process design across six data management capabilities.
- Draft and deploy procedure playbooks for operational execution roles.
- Manage control plan for adoption of the program across all stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Operating Model
- Stakeholder RACI Matrix
- Data Management Capability Process Flows
- Data Management Capability Procedural Playbooks