As the EDM Council began to collect Data Management Best Practices from members, the lack of common industry language became an obstacle. They require a shared understanding of basic data management terms.
- Establish common data management terminology to support the development of industry standard data management practices.
- Provide clear, concise and user-friendly term names and definitions.
- Provide context in the form of commentary where needed for clarity.
- Establish a workgroup of 60+ subject matter experts across 140 terms aligned to the core capabilities of DCAM™.
- Collect published definitions from member organizations and general Internet research.
- Draft a proposed definition and supporting contextual commentary.
- Facilitate review with the member workgroup and DCAM™ experts for refinement.
- Publish glossary in electronic format to full membership.
- Glossary Design Process
- Glossary Content
- Glossary Governance and Maintenance Process
- Internet Accessible Glossary